[Debconf-team] LCFC: Opening Registration for DC13

Hi all,
@press: Q for you at the end of this mail

This will be the latest status update before opening registration early
tomorrow morning. Target time is 10h00 Swiss time.

Le mardi, 30 avril 2013 18.57:36, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud a écrit :
> = Announcement mail and blogpost

Latest (short) version including  the platinum sponsors mentions is attached,
please take your last opportunity to comment! I'm not convinced by the last
"Looking forward to welcoming you in Le Camp in August,"; what about "We are
looking forward (…)" ?

As for the blogpost, I took the mail and added links to it, h3 to titles and
that's all. Current version is also attached.

> = Penta

Nothing needed, hence nothing done.

> = Registration documentation

As mentionned earlier, the main documentation document was pushed to [REG].
The pink box will get removed shortly before sending the announcement.

[REG] http://debconf13.debconf.org/register.xhtml

> A secondary document of interest is the "Travel arrangements" documentation
> [4] which would also be better hosted on the website in a shorter and
> "team- blessed" fashion.

Didn't have time for that, I suggest to let it stay on the wiki for now.

> = Varia

I'm hereby CC'ing press@debian.org. We'll have debian-devel-announce, debconf-
announce, debian-news and debian-events-eu as targets for this announcement,
reply-to set to debconf-discuss. So press@: what is needed from the DebConf
team to make this announcement a Debian press release as in the past years?

Cheers,

Didier

Registration is now open for DebConf13
meta-author: Didier Raboud

Dear all,

The registration deadline for those who wish to make sponsorship applications is <strong>Wednesday 15 May 2013</strong>.
After this date, you can still register, but you will need to pay for accommodation and food.

<h3>Registration</h3>

If you want to attend DebConf13, go to the <a href="http://debconf13.debconf.org/register.xhtml";>Registration page</a> and follow the procedure outlined there.
Please even read the website page if you attended previous conferences, because it explains some important changes with respect to previous years.

<h3>DebCamp</h3>

We are planning to prepend the current DebConf week with additional DebCamp days, but we need some more time to sort out the details.
We also need more money to be able to fully sponsor DebCamp for everyone or to extend it to more than a few days.
If you would like this to happen, please contact us and help find additional sponsorship.
We will send another announcement about DebCamp as soon as registration for DebCamp opens.

<h3>Thank you</h3>

We look forward to welcoming you in Le Camp in August!

The DebConf team