Re: [Debconf-team] Platinum Sponsors and press release

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> writes:

> Hi Raphaël,
>
> Le mercredi, 1 mai 2013 12.54:51, Raphaël Walther a écrit :
>> This is regarding the following commitment we have taken to  our
>> Platinum sponsors: The Matanel Foundation and Google. Please find below
>> an extract from the sponsorship brochure:
>>
>> "Name and description of sponsor in all press re-
>> leases relating to the conference."
>
> Thanks for keeping an eye on these things !
>
>> Shall we add a couple of lines regarding them in the registration
>> email ?

How was this done in the past? I think we had the very same promise for
platinum sponsors also in previous years. If this included the
announcment mails, then I'd include it also for this year. Otherwise I'd
not change it.

> As I read it, the opening registration announcement is not formally a "Press
> release", but adding a mention of the platinum sponsors certainly doesn't
> hurt. What about the following snippet at the very end of the mail:
>
> 	"DebConf13 is happy to be sponsored by its two main sponsors: Google [0]
> 	 (a corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products
> 	 which include search, cloud computing, software and online advertising
> 	 technologies) and the Matanel Foundation [1] (a non-profit foundation
> 	 that encourages its fellows, progress, creativity, culture and
> 	 religion).

I'd leave out the descriptions altogehter. Especially the Google
description sounds a bit weird and we don't know if they would be happy
with it. What about:

"DebConf13 thanks it's two platinum sponsors: Google
(http://www.google.com/) and the Matanel Foundation
(http://www.matanel.org).

Gaudenz