Re: [Debconf-team] Separate room for families

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 04:26:19PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> But my main issue WRT hosting families is that... We don't yet know
> how full will DebConf be, or how Debian people will be
> distributed. Keep in mind we have relatively few such rooms - And, of
> course, we should try to prioritize filling those rooms with Debian
> people who are concerned about not getting their base level of comfort
> to sleep well during a week of hard work.
>
> So, we don't know yet how full will Le Camp be during DebConf, and we
> also don't know how full will that "room category" be. It might turn
> out that we end up with enough room to host you and your family - but
> that's not yet something we can take for granted.
>
> In short, if I were you, I'd look into the Vaumarcus studio options.
>
> Of course, others are welcome to comment, and to dissent with me. And
> you as well, of course.

Out of curiosity, what do you understand for a family here? I have
discovered recently that the definition of a family varies widely
and for some, the concept of family must include children.
For others, like me, 2 persons who share their live together are
already a family.
In previous years, DebConf welcomed families (as in 2 persons) without
problems, if this year you are not going to guarantee lodging for developers
taking family members until later, this should be clear in registration
to avoid people making plans in this regard.

Ana