Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 - DebCamp

Hi cate,

> With current sponsors, how many days we could "extend" DebCamp?
With the current amount of sponsor money and assuming we extend the
budget for other things like debian day, cleaning,..., there won't be
much money to extend.
We need around CHF 5000 per additional day of DebConf (based on the
following calculation: 60p * CHF 40 + CHF 2440 per day)

> IHO we should decide in this meeting to extend DebCamp starting Wednesday or
> Thursday, and possibly later to extend the whole week.
I don't think this is ideal. We need to decide on what we want, before
we can negotiate a new contract.

> Note: after our decision, I expect some delay (in weeks) before we can get a
> full quote from Le Camp.
Yes, and I'd prefer we handle it the same way as the first part of the
contract: We decide on the budget/constraints and authorise someone to
negotiate and sign within these constraints.

> I feel that most of people want DebCamp, so I think it is nearly a problem
> of budget, thus possibly we should really decide quickly.

It's both a question of budget and use of money:
Should we spend n x 5000CHF for DebCamp or use it to buy servers?

Philipp