Re: [Debconf-team] Conference bag proposal

begin  quotation  from Gunnar Wolf (in <20130329154654.GA55655@gwolf.org>):
> Arne Wichmann dijo [Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:52:23PM +0100]:
> > Hi...
> >
> > We have a proposition from one potential sponsor to be a bronze sponsor and
> > to provide us with very sturdy conference bags (made from lorry tarpaulin)
> > in a desingn of our choice including their logo. Should we take that offer
> > or should we decline given that they are a bronze sponsor only (and do our
> > own bags with names of all sponsors)? Or maybe we include all sponsors on
> > the bag (if the above sponsor accepts this).
> >
> > So what do you think about this?
>
> I basically agree with Patty, and am quite happy to see this: I'd say,
> *if* the sponsor fits our general sponsoring criteria. I just checked
> the sponsor levels¹, and (fortunately?) we make no mention of sponsor
> bags. That means, we are basically free to use them as an "extra" as
> we see fit. So, please expand a bit on this proposal:
>
> - Will the sponsoring consist *only* of the conference bags? Or are
>   they suggesting sponsoring with money *and* with bags to reach a
>   higher bracket?

The latter.

> - What would the approximate cost of such conference bags be
>   if purchased otherwise? (of course, we should also check, but mainly
>   for reference, if bought outside the EU and shipped, as we often do
>   with shirts)

I do not know.

> - How many bags will their sponsorship include? What would the
>   conditions be if we came to need more?

As many as needed, their numbers are quite informed (they employ at least
one DD).

> - Are they willing to share the bag space with the other sponsors? I'd
>   include at least the same as on the shirt (that means, starting at
>   "silver"), but I'd feel even happier including the others at the
>   same sponsor level than this one (that means starting at "bronze"),
>   as it is fairer.

This would need to be asked (and I will ask them as soon as I know our
position).

> - Finally, if they are willing to give us ???2000 CHF (that is, be
>   bronze anyway) *and* also donate the bags *and* stay at bronze
>   level, the bags would basically be giveaways from them, and I'd be
>   more than happy to accept them. If added to that we are allowed to
>   put our logo and design on them, I will be more than happy. Even if
>   no other sponsor is allowed there ??? As the bags will not be made by
>   us, thus won't be part of any sponsor bracket no matter what.

First 2 ifs apply, third is unknown.

> But, of course, that's not a final word from me ;-) Just some points
> to be able to better judge the proposal.

cu

AW
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support