Re: [Debconf-team] [DC14] Venezuelan team: Team involvement in DebConf

Luis Alejandro Martínez Faneyth dijo [Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:08:30AM -0430]:
> I think this is relevant as long as having long term DDs in the main
> team affects the organization of the event. If that is the case,
> then we are at a clear disadvantage.
>
> Nevertheless, we have a clear vision of what a DebConf should be in
> terms of organization, spirit and results. Some of the team members
> have organized other successful, similar events:
>
>  - 6 editions of "Cayapas Canaima", a debconf-like event with
> hacklabs, talks and BoFs.
>  - Debian Day.
>  - National Free Software Congress (CNSL).
>  - Latin American Free Software Install Festival (FLISOL).
>
> We get the full spectre of the goals to achieve, since DDs, and many
> of the non-DDs are developers to other local projects that involve
> Debian packaging flow, ticket triaging, general bug squashing and
> several other Debian-related processes.

As a former organizer for many similar events... I can only testify:
The comparison between them and DebConf is possible, but DebConf is
many times more complex than any other conference I have set up. Of
course, your experience will be of great help.

Now, do you expect to join in with the organization of DebConf13 in
Switzerland? Being a team member will give you immense insight on the
process. We do not consider it a *strong* requirement (one of the
Debian mantras is that you cannot force anybody to volunteer their
time), but an important one.