[Debconf-team] Sponsorship and paying options
This is probably the trickiest part to get right. There are a lot of
possiblities to offer different options. IMO the following proposal
tries to find a balance between offering several options covering a wide
range of needs and budgets while still keeping to range of options
I propse we offer the following options:
1) Sponsored accomodation and food:
With this option you don't pay anything and get a bed in a large or
medium sleeping-bag room and food at Le Camp.
2) Self-paying hosted outside Le Camp with food at Le Camp
You just pay 24 CHF/day for your food at Le Camp.
3) Self-paying hosted at Le Camp with food at Le Camp
You just pay the prices in the "Pricing" wiki page for food and
4) Corporate attendees hosted outside Le Camp with food at Le Camp
You pay the Corporate fee (500 CHF) plus your food (24 CHF/day).
5) Corporate attendees hosted at Le Camp with food at Le Camp
You pay the Corporate fee (500 CHF) plus your accomodation and food
according to the wiki page.
6) Self-paying hosted outside without food
You pay nothing and just attend the conference without any food at Le
Camp. For this option it should be made clear to attendees that the
possiblities to buy food around Le Camp are very limited (AFAIK there is
a small restaurant at the Castle of Vaumarcus). This option is mainly
for local people that just attend one day or specific talks.
While the prices in my proposal are the same as in the "Pricing" wiki
page. My proposal does not include some of the options that are
implicitly possible if you just read the wiki page. I think that we
should not offer the following options because they don't make much
sense and to make the whole thing more manageble for DebConf:
- Hosted outside Le Camp and sponsored food at Le Camp
- 2 Levels of conference fees. With the separation of accomodation/food
and the conference fee this is IMHO obsolete. The self-paying option
is more or less the professional fee of past DebConfs.
- Sponsored accomodation with bed upgrading (see my other proposal about
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
~ Samuel Beckett ~