Re: [Debconf-team] [penta] Evaluation of Symposion (python django based)

Giacomo Catenazzi dijo [Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 02:53:25PM +0100]:
> Basic info
> ----------
>
> Software name: Symposion
> (...)
>
> Overall summary
> ---------------
>
> Most important strengths:
>
> - python and django, so a discrete userbase in DDs comunity.
> - Clean interface (both code and UI)
> (...)

Great. I understand you managed to get it installed and check it
working (in opposition to just checking its characteristics), right?
Do you (or anybody!) volunteer the time to create/adequate the needed
missing controllers?

> Most important weaknesses:
>
> - Lack of many DC tasks (also some simple one). OTOH many things
> could be implemented easily in few lines (for UI, admin UI, db, and
> reporting)

Most of the DebConf-specific tasks we have added to Pentabarf are not
*too* complex, the video controller is the most intrincate among them
(and, of course, among the most vital). I don't doubt that, given some
time to work on it, you will have time to implement it in time for
DC13. Most notably because said controllers are only used when the
conference goes live.

Some important things, however, should be added before registration
opens. We could, of course, add (many of) those details later, but it
becomes a bigger burden to get people to fill them in.