Re: [Debconf-team] LeCamp - Approval of budget and signing the contract

Hi Philipp,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:47:15PM +0100, Philipp Hug wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> As Gaudenz and I are scheduled to negotiate and sign a one-week
> contract with LeCamp this Wednesday, we're formally asking the DebConf
> chairs for approval of this budget and for permission to sign the
> contract.
> I updated the budget.ods in SVN and also attached a PDF version to
> this email for you reference.

> This is an estimated budget, the number of sponsored attendees will be
> reduced if sponsorship is lower than expectations and increased if we
> get more sponsorship, attempting to make this DebConf cost-neutral.

> As the DPL has the final oversight how Debian spends it's money and
> how the Debian brand is used, I'm also asking him for approval of the
> budget and give permission to the "DebConf13 association" to organize
> DebConf13 at LeCamp within the budget attached.

Thanks for preparing this.  A few questions:

I'm having trouble interpreting the section under the heading "local
estimates".  Does this refer to estimates of the number of local sponsors
you expect to find at each of these levels, or does it refer to something
else?  (I note that the numbers in this column for "gold" and "silver"
appear to be greater than the estimated total numbers.)

For the calculation of person-days, you've indicated 2090 person-days with
60 DebCamp attendees.  This amounts to an average of 290 attendees per day
of DebConf.  Does this budget assume all of these attendees are staying
on-site at LeCamp?  Per my mail of
<[🔎] 20121125024909.GA12571@virgil.dodds.net>, I do not believe it is realistic
to project we will have 290 adult DebConf attendees staying on site at Le
Camp.

The income from accomodation fees and professional and corporate
registrations exceeds the number of 1 and 2 person rooms listed on
<http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/LeCamp/Rooms>.  What assumptions
have gone into the calculation of these quantities for the different kinds
of fees, and how do these assumptions line up with the known facts about
available accomodation?