Re: [Debconf-team] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans)·

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 01:30:31PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Ana,
>
> many thanks for your nice research.
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:22:13PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > http://www.lecamp.ch/visite.php?lang=#
> >
> > To my understanding, the accommodation on the remaining buildings is in a similar state. With
> > some different arrangement for the beds disposed for people in wheelchair. I don't know
> > about the showers for people in wheelchair but it would be also good to know.
> > I don't know the status for other kinds of disabilities.
>
> From
>
>    http://www.lecamp.ch/communs/batiments.php?id=8&lang=en
>
> I would guess that they care about disabilities.  People who have
> visited Le Camp might like to comment on this.

Indeed. It would be good to have the information so the people with disabilities can
raise possible concerns.

> > If to all the above if you add details like the nearest supermarket being 3.7km away or that
> > the nearest hotel is mostly unaffordable (320CHF the night for a double room) and the rest
> > of  the hotels listed are between 3km and 7km away, so if you don't want to stay at le camp
> > your possibilities of being somewhere else are quite limited and you need a car....
>
> Right, it is most probably a good thing to have a car if you need to
> relay on services not available in Le Camp.  On the other hand given
> the location I expect at least having 10 cars of DebConf attendees
> probably more.
>
> I have also read Marga's concern about the lack of an available
> supermarket.  People who have visited Le Camp might like to comment
> whether there is some way to buy some basic needs forgotten toiletries /
> extra+different food (again - I think I remember that it was posted here
> but the archive ... )  Given the quite safe assumption that there are
> cars around it is a question of organising things and even if I do not
> say we are excellent in organising we even managed to rent two busses
> from Banja Luka.  I can not seriosely imagine that we should be unable
> to get all basic needs served.

I expect those having cars possibily not wanting to spend all the day
driving others to the town to buy whatever. People might have needs very
important to them that drivers might feel irrelevant.
We also can't force people with cars to drivers other.  Some people might
want just have the car parked the whole week.

> > we have end having a venue that IMHO is unsuitable for DebConf.
>
> I admit after having seen the URL you were hinting above I thought: What
> a great place for a DebConf!  So, sorry, same facts totally different
> conclusion.

If you see debconf as some holidays, certainly. For debconf you need talk
rooms, hacklabs, internet, etc that are impossible to evaluate seeing those
photos.

Ana