Re: [Debconf-team] Signing the contract with LeCamp

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 08:55:45PM +0100, Philipp Hug wrote:

> If someone disagrees with this course of action, they should say it now.

I do.

I feel the meeting was forced and the concensus was not a real concensus.
Some people were in the position: it is "le camp" or nothing and some people
(myself included), just tried to do 'damage control' and asked to only sign
for a week if it really needed to be 'le camp' or nothing. After 90m of
meeting going in circles, people get real tired. [1]

I'm myself surprised that some of the people pushing for le camp prefer
skiping debcamp instead of researching more suitables alternative venues
where we could get the needed flexibility to try having it all.
I am myself in favour of skiping DebCamp if we need to cut somewhere, but
just skipping it without trying is sad.

I found some good information about the accommodation, I'm sending a separate
email.

[1] The log of this meeting is at:
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2012/debconf-team.2012-11-22-20.00.log.html