Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 decision meeting: past and present

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 06:20:35PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> If it isn't in the contract, we can not know for certain we'll be able to
> camp. The responsible of Le Camp has a board behind of him who can overrule
> him or he can decide for whatever reason he is finally not happy with it.
> This is very clear in the "conditions générales".

I admit that when reading this list I have the feeling that non-Germans
start showing behaviour Germans are famous for while native Germans stop
taking every single word of such contracts as if graved in stone.  That's
a bit funny.

> > And people won't be "surrounded by people 24/7", that's again a biased way to
> > put it.
>
> If the only way you have to be 5min alone is going alone in the forest, I have
> not words...

Thinking back all DebConfs I joined ... hmmm DebConf 3 in Oslo I was in
a hotel with my family - but even there were DebConf people.  Sooo
DebConf is actually not the place where you will be *alone* and from all
what I have read here from people who visited Le Camp I do not see a big
difference regarding staying separate from other people to any other
DebConf.  From my perspective the only way to be alone is to *start*
running with Christian and finally give up after some time - then you
will be alone.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--