Re: [Debconf-team] communication/status update for venues

Le mercredi, 21 novembre 2012 12.18:05, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
> I informed the people in Interlaken at various venues (e.g. the hostel,
> the meeting venue) that we would aim for a decision by the end of
> November.  I believe similar communications were made with Le Camp.
>
> I would propose giving them an update about our fundraising and asking
> them to continue holding provisional reservations over the Christmas
> period:

As far as I'm concerned, we still aim for a decision by the end of November
[0]; I think it would be a very bad idea to postpone that to after the
Christmas period.

Asking potential venues to block high-season full-weeks for 3 months more
would be disrespectful, IMHO.

OdyX

[0] And I think we should hold to that deadline; otherwise potential venues
    will drop themselves from our list.