Re: [Debconf-team] dc13 draft budget, 2012-11-20

Hi,

On Dienstag, 20. November 2012, Richard Darst wrote:
> Here is found a draft budget:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data/dc13/accounting/budget.ods?v
> iew=co

thanks a lot for working on this, Richard + Philipp!

(I do think the budget is very very conservative, but thats good for now.)

On as sidenote: can budget-darst.ods and budget-gaudenz.ods now be deleted
from svn?

> People aren't going to like this budget.  The options are:
> - wait and see if the sponsorship basket continues to go like it is.
> We should know a lot more in only a month, and then hug and I will
> revise the number of attendees upward.
>
> - Propose specific plans for getting more income from attendees, and
> see what people think.
>
> - Cut even more things (but there really isn't much room for that...)
>
> - What else?

get more sponsorship! "wait and see if the sponsorship basket continues..." is
not really the same.

Before we go (even) more into panic mode, I seriously recommend to just work
on getting more sponsors.

And also, before we without panic, just get more creative about new sources of
income (be it bed upselling or using other ways for getting money from
attendees or doing whatever), I seriously recommend to just work on getting
more sponsors now.

Right now, working on getting sponsors is the most sensible thing to do.
Anything else can wait for two or three more months at least.

There is no need for hurry now, except... I said it three times in this mail
already :)

I don't want to discuss any(more any) other incomes except sponsorship for the
next two months, cause these discussions can be held later as well, and the
following actions are also only useful later.

cheers,
	Holger