[Debconf-team] non-CHF sponsorship

There was some discussion on #debconf-sponsors about sponsors wanting to
pay USD instead of CHF.

If a sponsor is saying this, it probably means they don't want the
uncertainty of exchange rates hitting their budget.  So if a large
sponsor can't afford that uncertainty, can DebConf?

I'd propose that if such agreements are going to be accepted, then it
would be on one of these conditions:

a) the sponsors pay all the money immediately so we can convert to CHF
using current exchange rates

  or

b) SPI or somebody else lends DebConf the USD amount for immediate
conversion to CHF, and then the loan is repaid when the sponsor gives
the USD money in future

  or

c) the budget needs to include an exchange rate buffer, maybe 30% or
even 50% of any foreign currency amounts that are unpaid.  So if there
is $US50,000 coming in July, we only count that as CHF 35,000 in the
revenue forecast

  or

d) sponsor must sign a contract for CHF amount