Re: [Debconf-team] Thoughts on changing "Permanent sponsors" to a more descriptive "Hosting sponsors"?

Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> writes:

> There was consensus in the sponsors-team meeting today, that labeling
> certain hosting providers as "Permanent sponsors" is suboptimal, as it
> it could confuse our otherwise "permanent" regular "financial"
> sponsors the impression that some sponsorship is more highly valued.
>
> If one goes to our parent site http://debconf.org/ or the event site
> http://debconf13.debconf.org/ certain sponsors that provide hosting
> are listed in a way that gives them prominence over all of our
> "financial" sponsors who in many cases provide our organization with
> monetary assistance well in excess of the monetary value provided by
> our hosting sponsors.
>
> There was agreement that "Permanent sponsors" should be renamed to
> "Hosting sponsors" very soon.

Certainly.

> We also felt that somehow we should normalize the placement of these
> sponsors, but that this could be deferred for future discussion if we
> at least addressed the naming issue.

IMO we should move them to the Supporters page in separate Section
unless the at least contribute the equivalent value of a Bronze Sponsor
each year. I don't think we have to do this for past DebConfs, but at
least for DC13 and all the following ones.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.