Re: [Debconf-team] Budget tradeoffs vs amount of fundraising

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 07:40:12AM -0300, David Bremner wrote:
> tangential to your main point. However, I do think that budgeting a
> sponsored day trip while budgeting zero travel sponsorship will leave a
> bad taste in many people's mouths.  To put it another way, I'm fine with
> waiting to see if all the essentials are paid for before considering
> travel sponsorship, but I don't consider a sponsored day trip to be an
> essential aspect of DebConf.

+1

I specifically think that in the case of Le Camp (or a similarly located
holiday area) we just can do a daytrip without spending any money on it:
Simply start walking together or jumping into the lake nearby should
make a nice daytrip without any extra cost.  So yes, please put the
daytrip on the last budget position (even past travel sponsorship).

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de