Re: [Debconf-team] bad bed comparison

Hi Jonathan,

On Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> (Note I'm not really expecting this mail to change anything, but I was
> asked to send my feedback by someone who saw me casually complain on
> IRC. I'm older these days and taking time off work to go to a conference
> where I'll feel like I need another holiday afterwards becomes harder to
> justify.  I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm not offended if
> it's decided that DebConf shouldn't cater to people like me, but it
> should be an informed decision taken by the organizers appreciating that
> a certain section of developers will decide not to turn up if things are
> too basic.)

thanks for sharing your concerns, much appreciated.

There _are_ _many_ comfortable beds in Le Camp and (a very few less so and
such we will need to decide how to distribute them (and as is evident on our
mailing list and irc channel we're aware of the situation and discussing
various options already, roughly ten months before the conference)) and (for
Le Camp) there is also the option to share a car with other people who prefer
to drive 20min in the morning and evening. (And still, that will not satisfy
everybody. Thats why we do different conferences every year. And for DebConf13
not much is finally decided today anyway, including even the venue.)

cheers,
	Holger