Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 13 legal association

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 08:45:35AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I disagree with this, as I've observed in the past. For one thing, it
> doesn't seem to me that it is *that* easy to create this association.
> One argument is that, if it were so, it'd have already existed by now,
> no? (But if the counter-argument to that is "we wanted to have an
> explicit ack before proceeding", fine.)

FWIW, I haven't been too active but I have been paying attention.
Local team has well done their due, listened to disadvantages
presented, and at least I agree now that an association is a
reasonable thing to do.  Hopefully other people from the team can
weigh in on if that was decided or not.

Aside for local team: will you be wanting non-swiss sponsors to pay
directly to dc13 organization, or go through SPI/FFIS/other
organizations like usual?  (... related tax, financial
implications...)

- Richard