Re: [Debconf-team] mailing lists on lists.debian.org

On 21/08/12 11:50, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here my very personal thoughts on it and i need to say that i have not
> yet discussed with any of the other listmasters of lists.d.o!
>
> On Tue Aug 21, 2012 at 11:33:31 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 09:58:20PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>
>> Hence I guess the issue here is simply spelling out a list of
>> namespaces, where listmasters decision is simply based on what the
>> DebConf team needs. According to this discussion, the namespace seems to
>> be debconf-* and debconf??-*.
>>
>> Of course the above say nothing about how long will it take to create
>> the lists: listmasters are volunteers as debconf team members are. But
>> maybe --- and that would be the ideal outcome of any deduplication
>> effort --- some debconf team member will end up volunteering to help
>> list masters initially for debconf-* lists and, in the future, who knows
>> for what else :-)
>
> a) lists.d.o software can handle more than just the lists.d.o domain, so
> we could just add a lists.debconf.org domain.

Just out of interest, which software?

I previously deployed mailman for other projects, but when virtual
hosting became necessary went over to Sympa, because mailman had various
shortcomings with virtual hosts.

> b) adding two (or so) listmasters from the debconf team might bring
> fresh blood into the listmasters team.
>
> c) debconf listmasters would then just handle their own domains on their
> need.

Does the software already support that with hard limits, or it would
just be done on trust?

Sympa supports multiple admin levels:
- server admin
- domain admin