Re: [Debconf-team] mailing lists on lists.debian.org

Hi,

here my very personal thoughts on it and i need to say that i have not
yet discussed with any of the other listmasters of lists.d.o!

On Tue Aug 21, 2012 at 11:33:31 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 09:58:20PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> Hence I guess the issue here is simply spelling out a list of
> namespaces, where listmasters decision is simply based on what the
> DebConf team needs. According to this discussion, the namespace seems to
> be debconf-* and debconf??-*.
>
> Of course the above say nothing about how long will it take to create
> the lists: listmasters are volunteers as debconf team members are. But
> maybe --- and that would be the ideal outcome of any deduplication
> effort --- some debconf team member will end up volunteering to help
> list masters initially for debconf-* lists and, in the future, who knows
> for what else :-)

a) lists.d.o software can handle more than just the lists.d.o domain, so
we could just add a lists.debconf.org domain.

b) adding two (or so) listmasters from the debconf team might bring
fresh blood into the listmasters team.

c) debconf listmasters would then just handle their own domains on their
need.

This would help both, current debian.org listmaster team, and we would
have no need to introduce a new namespace within lists.d.o.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster