Re: [Debconf-team] Alternative ways of raising money

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 08:47:44AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> 9% is ridiculous, even 3% is quite a lot IMHO.

Do we even need any crowdfunding platform or wouldn't it be enough to
follow the crowdfunding principle and collect money on our own account
but define certain levels we want to reach and giving back certain
gadgets for some limits of sponsering?

To stick to the 1Mio example: If we reach 1Mio we will buy some ground
next to 'Le Camp' and enable an extended camping for additional people.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de