Re: [Debconf-team] Next IRC DebConf meeting - Poll for dates/times

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud dijo [Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 02:53:27PM +0200]:
> > = Dates poll
> >
> > 	http://doodle.com/9vuympgpwem29v7t
>
> As has appeared on IRC (so I'm bouncing this to mail), this poll isn't
> satisfying to some because it might forbid non-europeans to attend: what
> additional non-european hours would be suitable for this (and future) polls?
>
> (FWIW, it is possible to add new time slots, then people can go and edit their
> votes, so it's not too late to correct any diplomatic incident I might have
> created by asking twice now for exclusively-european times.)

Ummm... Well, we will *always* have a meeting in a time that's
inconvenient for some people. So far, the worst hit group of people
are those in East Asia and Oceania — But they seem to have agreed to
turn their clock upside down for their Debian work ;-)

This year, the priority is to have a time where most Swiss people can
participate. The rest of us are nice-to-have, but not a priority. The
proposed times are OK in Europe and in America (and they fall in line
with the meeting times we have had over the last years). Of course,
it's not that I want to exclude Japanese, Chinese, Australian and New
Zealanders — But they have been part of the organization in the past,
without the aid of anything but a strong cup of coffee.