Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] split debcamp?

Hi,

I have not followed this logish thread fully but here are some thoughts:

 - 325 beds is a limiting factor but we always have to live with
   limits.  I would not use this as an argument against 'Le Camp'
   which sounds like a pretty attractive venue to me in general.
   There should be ways to deal with this limit by announcing early
   and setting an early deadline for registration (which has some
   extra advantages for planing)
 - I do not consider getting extra external people for DebCamp to
   fill up the beds as very realistic.  I would rather try to declare
   DebCamp as a dedicated time for Debian Sprints of different Debian
   teams and try to announce this to the different teams inside Debian.
   Perhaps some Debianers do have only one week time to spent and if
   the first week might become really attractive to meet the own team
   there could be some people prefering the pre-DebConf week over
   DebConf itself (I do not think of large numbers for this case - but
   anyway)
 * ... and perhaps some people might have a marriage at DebConf time
   and want to stay at DebCamp at least. ;-)

Looking foreward to meet you all at 'Le Camp'

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de