Re: [Debconf-team] And regarding the Penta replacement

Hi all,

I'm maintaining the "katastrophie" frab fork. We used that one for the
SIGINT12 conference and I'm currently working towards a CCC-wide frab
installation.

> I've forwarded your mail to one of the frab developers.
>
> > - As you know, I have no high hopes of remaining
> > too close to the upstream code (we will fork even if we try not to),
>
> I still think this hasn't has to be the case. (Because all usercases will be
> different somehow and noone wants to maintain forks.)

I hope we can find some common grounds during the developer meeting at
the FroScon. It would be great to add a plugin system for example.

> > Now, what do we need to get this working?
> >
> > - More people involved. I'm very bad at managing my time and have
> >   several projects going on, so I know I will fail if I do this
> >   myself.
>
> I plan to be involved as the videoteam really either needs penta as we have it
> today, or a working replacement.

Since I'm maintaining media.ccc.de I' really interested in your video
related features. Linking and embedding video recordings in the schedule
would be great.

> > And... Well, we shall later see what else. My proposed roadplan would
> > be to set up a system with no data migration from Penta (to start
> > fresh), have everything ready for other DebConfers to register and
> > point out the bits that need work.
>
> sounds good to me.

At least for my branch I'd expect the penta import feature to be broken.
Once the new hardware is running I'm going to fix this.

If you've got any feature requests, feel free to use my issue list at:

https://github.com/katastrophie/frab/issues

Additionally I'm preparing a list of changes with regards to original
frab von oneiros.

cheers,
Mario