Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] DC13 sponsoring brochure, sponsorship levels

Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:

>>> I also think these amounts are too high and I like to bring back the steel
>>> level, with the sole benefit as being listed on one page of our website (as
>>> opposed to bronze which is on every webpage).
>>
>> I would suggest to give it a more different name, e.g. 'Supporter', to
>> distinguish it from the other levels if this is the only benefit, and
>> to avoid returning to having too many similar names.
>
> In my next proposal (coming up after this email), I used supporter, but
> it has another benefit, i.e. the sponsor material above.  While we could
> probably give this opportunity starting from bronze (thus separating a
> bit more the supporter from the other metal levels), it would give
> almost no benefits to the supporter level.

I'm in favor of calling it "DebConf Supporter" instead of "Steel". This
makes it clear that this is not a "real" sponsorship level and therefore
also has very small benefits. It's for individuals and small companies
that don't have the budget for sponsoring DebConf but nevertheless want
to support it (hence the name). I also think it's fine that supporters
have almost no benefits.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.