Re: [Debconf-team] IRC DebConf meeting minutes

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 05:48:34PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > This has now happenned, many thanks to all attendees and participants for this
> > meeting; we almost managed to hold to our tight (90 minutes) maximum time and
> > we got constructive discussion.
> Finally, and taking this from a direct/private conversation with
> Holger: We have been bitching too much about the venue, talking about
> a possible change, talking about misunderstandings, etc. And yes, we
> wanted to have this magical natural family-friendly setting in Central
> Europe where we could all join in and be happy. But we have made a
> decision. SOME THINGS ARE JUST NOT POSSIBLE, and we must recognize no
> venue is *perfect*.

> So... From my side: I am all for Le Camp, even with the restrictions
> and shortcomings. It has a GREAT potential to be (as every year!) the
> best DebConf ever. We have the great challenge to come up with the
> needed money, and to work in a very different fashion to what we have
> had ever before. But please, we are already on the boat. Lets continue
> trusting the people we have already given our trust. DebConf13 will be
> shaped different from some people's expectations - Yes. But it will be
> also different from anything we have ever before had. There is lots of
> work to be done to achieve it. So lets.

While lurking at today's irc meeting I was feeling pretty much the same
things that Gunnar says above. The decision of venue was made many
months ago. I'm not sure if it came across, but, in my earlier posts
this evening I was hoping to point out reasons not to be so concerned
about the venues space limits (and hopefully I didn't contradict
myself).

Hunting for a new venue would be a painful distraction at this point,
imho.

-edrz