Re: [Debconf-team] Meeting with Le Camp

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 11:25:03AM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> On 08/08/12 23:40, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > The number of attendees to talks and the number of people having food at
>
> (all of the above are statistics of a small sample and guesswork, so I
> might be way off; I'd be interested in other people's analyses)

In svn, debconf-data/dc10/pentabarf-data/only-* might have some useful
info.

In particular rooms-by-date-2.txt in only-reconfirmed/ and only-arrived/
seem pertinent.

At the moment the main things I notice in those are: 1) 74% of
reconfirmed were marked as arrived in penta. 2) not everyone who attends
stays for the whole of DebConf: peak concurrent attendees != total
attendees.

I mention 2) mainly because I'm wondering if the lodging issue might be
more clearly discussed if framed in terms of the duration of the peak
need for more beds than are available at Le Camp. i.e. DC13 doesn't need
50, 100, or however many more spaces for 2 weeks, but rather for 4-5
days or so in the middle of DebConf.

(NB: Richard pulled these numbers out of penta's db as a best effort to
provide some data for the future. Any errors or omissions in the data
entry can't be accounted for.)

-edrz