Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 Venue constraints

On 13/08/12 18:46, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>>> (3) The venue was advertized as "camping will be allowed" and now it
>>>     sounds like camping won't be possible. You are telling lies. It's
>>>     true that the local team  thought that camping will be possible in
>>>     some form. We are still negotiating about this with Le Camp, but
>>>     currently it seems that individual tents won't be possible on their
>>>     site.
>>
>> Please do not take it as "you are telling lies". Yes, it is an
>> expectation. No, I don't think anybody (realistically) called any of
>> you a liar.
>
> Yes I know that. I was escalating this a bit. I did not want to accuse
> anyone of calling me or anybody else a liar.

These are cultural differences, definitely not lies - in Australia, it
is often possible to camp for free.  I wouldn't make that assumption in
Switzerland.  However, I've lived in Switzerland for 2 years, someone
from another country doesn't have that insight.

The problem is, small misunderstandings like this can snowball

Just look at that space mission where the Americans used imperial units
and the European scientists used metric units