Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 Venue constraints

Hi Judit,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 05:47:37PM +0200, Judit Foglszinger wrote:
> Why does the local team so much oppose bunkers,
> given that a large number of accommodation options in Le Camp
> isn't really more "luxurious"?

In case you know someone who attended LUG-Camp 2003, 2011, FrOSCamp
2010 or Easterhegg 2012, ask them about how they liked the Swiss
bunkers.

While bunkers seem to have been discussed for RMLL 2012, too, they
seem to have decided against it and went for accommodation in Swiss
Army Barracks[1] -- which also allowed camping on their grounds btw.
Not sure about the room quality (as used the camping possibility), but
the price was CHF 26.50 (ca. EUR 22.10; ca. USD 27.25) per night. This
is IIRC approximately the same price we'd have to pay at Vaumarcus per
night for the better quality beds.

  [1] http://2012.rmll.info/en/practical-information#lodging

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)