Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 Venue constraints

Hi

Judit Foglszinger <fgrfgr@freenet.de> writes:

>> (2) Suitability of the venue: We did quite some evaluation of different
>>     possible venues. The only way a DebConf in a city seemd possible was
>>     with "bunker" (Zivilschutanlage) style accomodation [2]. The local
>>     team's opinion on this is that we would rather not organize DebConf
>>     in Switzerland than with this style of accomodation. So unless
>>     someone is able to find some cheap accomodation, a DebConf in a city
>>     won't be possible.
>
> Just out of curiosity:
> Why does the local team so much oppose bunkers,
> given that a large number of accommodation options in Le Camp
> isn't really more "luxurious"?

Have you looked at the picture? And maybe at all the others we collected
here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data/dc13/venue-evaluation/Geneva/pictures/bunkers/
Believe me, these are much less comfortable than the accomodation at Le
Camp. While some of the accomodation at Le Camp is mass accomodation all
of it has windows and is in a nice environment (nature, balconies in
most buildings, ...). On the other hand all these bunkers are below
ground with no windows and no nice surrondings and maybe not even very
close to the venue (10-20 minutes walking in Geneva AFAIR).

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.