Re: [Debconf-team] Meeting with Le Camp

> I have put the "DebConf13 venue decision" up for decision by the DebConf team
> at its next meeting [2]; both the localteam volunteers and Le Camp need to
> know rather soon if DebConf13's going to happen there or not. In my

It is an unpleasant subject, but certainly should be discussed in the
most positive way possible

Switzerland is a wonderful location.  The food is good (despite concerns
about cost).  The air is clean and fresh and conducive to a productive
DebConf.  It is easy for people from all the surrounding countries. (see
disclaimer [1])

If not Le Camp, what other locations come to mind?  I think any
discussion should look at how DebConf would be even better at some other
venue in Switzerland.

One comment I heard is that none of the mountain ski resorts are
suitable because they don't have any auditoriums.  Is that a real
problem though?  If we can get such accommodation in summer, can we have
a marquee constructed as a temporary auditorium?

[1] I'm biased: I chose to leave London and come to live here.