Re: [Debconf-team] Meeting with Le Camp

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 16:18 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 7. August 2012, Michele Cane wrote:
> > I sent a couple of weeks (to debconf13-localteam) ago a list of point
> > that need to be discussed with Mr. Pianaro (the "boss" of Le Camp).
> > The meeting will therefore be focused on answering the questions on the
> > list and therefore try to reach a final deal with Le Camp.
> >
> > Here's a short list in English (the original list is in French)
>
> thanks!

You are welcome.

> > - when do we need to sign a final contract
> > - when do we need to give a deposit and how much do we have to pay
> > - in case we want to cancel debconf13 how much do we need to pay
> > - define alcohol permit status
> > - define how do we sell beverages and the percentage they ask
> > - try to negotiate price by optimizing food organization
>
> IMO the most important thing is missing: more beds / camping!

I discussed this issue with Mr. Pianaro several times. They are really
against camping.
Concerning more beds we considered the option of having a big tent but
the costs to have, let's say, 50 more beds would be way to high
considering that Le Camp want to also have the extra infrastructures
needed for 50 more people (toilets, showers).

We will try to this subject again but IMO will be very difficult to
reach a satisfactory solution for Le Camp and for us (for us mainly for
the financial point of view).

> Also I think it would be good to copy that list to the wiki... it's still
> another week and I'm sure other important topics will pop up as well.

Good idea.