Re: [Debconf-team] [survey] of DebConf and Debian community?

Daniel Pocock dijo [Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 09:39:25PM +0000]:

> I've heard various feedback comments about DebConf12, and also questions
> about DebConf13, and I started thinking that maybe a survey is needed to
> uncover more about the possibilities for DebConf, the attendee
> preferences and feelings about different subjects, etc
> (...)

Hi, and sorry for not answering to your mail earlier - I did intend
to, but I'm currently swamped by work (and bad time-management).

I agree with your opinion, and I think most of the questions are quite
pertinent. I would leave out any data that can be taken from the Penta
registrations. I also agree with Moray's answer, that we should try to
make this follow DC12, with _some_ data anticipating DC13. And we
should do it as soon as possible, to have the people still interested
and with fresh memories!

>From your questions, I'd leave out things such as accomodation (how
many prefer/object to dorms/tourist/five-star/camper) or accompanied
travel (partner/kids/pet), as even the definition for it varies from
venue to venue, and more than that, it's not even possible to choose
sometimes.

Anyway - We can set up a survey using existing sites, open to anybody,
accepting the risk to have extraneous people answering bogus. We can
set it up in Penta, linked to the user account, but losing
anonymity (which I don't think is too great a loss, but you mentioned
it - We should address the data set as an anonymized source, anyway).