Re: [Debconf-team] Cancellation policy

Moray Allan dijo [Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 05:02:15PM +0100]:
> We should create a cancellation policy.  This might just be that
> DebConf registration fees are non-refundable.  Or, that they are
> non-refundable after some date a few months before the conference.  In
> either case, it probably needs a few more terms inspired by whatever
> other events say.  Ideas?

Hi,

Is this topic the result of a real experience/demand we had? I have
not yet heard from (of course, that does not imply there has not been)
any refund request. I don't know if we need an explicit one, or we can
keep addressing it on a case-to-case basis. If we start drafting
policies for hypothetical situations... we will just end up with too
many corner cases to argue about. And we will most likely miss on
real-life cases.

While writing this paragraph, I thought of a good number of possible
situations where refunding an attendance payment would be OK, and
others where it would not. And of course, some that would be
border-line. Until we get a flow of cancellations big enough to worry
(and I trust we won't!), I'd say the best policy is not to have one.