Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 sponsoring brochure, sponsorship levels

Hi there!

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:38:00 +0200, Judit Foglszinger wrote:
> > Both in DC11 and DC12 we *did* have
> > platinum sponsors - only they were not truly accountable as such, as
> > they either gave us services and not money (Srpska and Nicaragua
> > government) or huge discounts in the fees (UCA). Maybe that means this
> > is the "government level"?
>
> At least it doesn't sound reasonable for a company
> to spend double the amount of gold level to get platinum status.
> The additional benefit is not much more than a
> "Thank you, you are a nice guy".

That is not correct, sorry, PLATINUM gets:

  Benefits from gold, and also:

  + Name and description of sponsor in all press releases relating to
    the conference
  + Logo on banner behind talk podiums
  + 45 minute slot for giving a free software related talk

The three above are *more* visibility than GOLD, if not for the talk
at least for the fact that in any official press release and video
there will be the sponsor name/logo.

I do not know how should we change that and, again, I did not do
anything more than taking DC10 levels and checking them against newer
DebConfs for consistency.  IIRC the only thing that (I) changed was
the amount of money, not the benefits.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca