Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Debian Kids Camp for DebConf-next

Le vendredi, 27 juillet 2012 20.14:58, Philip Hands a écrit :
> Of course, given the family-hostile accommodation that exists at Le Camp,

Le Camp is actually a very family-friendly accomodation IMHO, just take a look
at their website [0]. What is probably not family-friendly is "having a
DebConf there", because, well, a DebConf is a technical conference, not a
family camp.

[0] http://lecamp.ch

>                                                                , I doubt
> I'll manage to persuade Gunde to come under any circumstances, so it's
> probably not worth worrying about (for me at least).
>
> That seems like a shame, (…)

A shame to whom ?

Sorry to re-insist on this, but "having partners come at DebConf" is IMHO a
comfort, not a pre-requisite.

> Is it just me, or is this location actually impractical in general,

That's not my feeling, no. We have selected this venue because we felt it
would permit a special DebConf there. It will certainly be a DebConf without
the 4-star comfort of a city+hotel+university "pack", but I think this venue
will allow the 14th DebConf to reach some of its goals.

OdyX
--
OdyX