Re: [Debconf-team] SVN -> GIT migration

Hi Gaudenz,

On Samstag, 7. Juli 2012, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> - dc0 - dc13, fr2010.mini, in201x.mini: each into it's own repository

yup

> - reports: move the reports into the dcXX repository in a directory
>   report. So /reports/dc11 becomes /report in the dc11.git repository.

I also think all the reports should be in their own debconf-reports.git repo
together.

> - media.debconf.org: Own repository. This repository is about 900MB, so
>   it would be nice to not force it on everyone who, just wants the
>   debconf repository. Another option would be to move this into the
>   annual repositories as well if that's technically possible. AFAIUI the
>   content from this directory is automatically (?) mirrored on
>   media.debconf.org.

also one repo, please

> - 10year, blog, db, misc, penta, www, website: all together in one single
> debconf repository.

yup

> For the repository names I propose to ditch the "-data" part as it is
> just confusing (at least to me).

In principle I agree but additionally I then propose to rename the debconf-
team repos to debconf-private repos, making it more obvious why we need them
and why we need tighter access restrictions to them.

I'd prefer this. Using debconf-team@l.dc.o this shouldnt be too hard ;)

> I'll send a similar proposal for migration of the debconf-team
> repository.

yay.

Thanks for your work on this!

cheers,