Re: [Debconf-team] SVN -> GIT migration

-=| Gaudenz Steinlin, 07.07.2012 13:49:10 -0600 |=-
> One thing I did not do yet is the conversion of the Alioth usernames
> nice git author names. I have a script to extract all the usernames. But
> hard part is assigning names to those. I see several options:
> - We just don't care and the username is aliothlogin@alioth.debian.org
>   (currently @localhost, but that's easy to fix)
> - Someone tries to hunt down names and mailadresses for all the alioth
>   users that every commited to the repository.
> - We put the list of users into SVN and give everyone some time to add
>   information about those users they care about.

I remember a similar problem when pkg-perl migrated to Git. We ended
up with a script that queried gforge's web interface and extracted
emails from there. Imam on VAC now, so if you want it contact
debian-perl@l.d.o or #debian-perl. Ping me in a week if needed.