Re: [Debconf-team] On site communication

Felix Delattre dijo [Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 09:58:02PM -0600]:
> Dear team,
>
> we have the impression that communication and the proper coordination of
> local and global team has to improve a lot. We have observed people
> jumping to quick conclusions when we feel they have not seen the whole
> picture yet. This is not a DebConf like every year, because - like every
> year - surroundings and the country is different. Seems like there are
> different expectations and ways of work. Of course, the things change
> when we meet in person and that is why we think we should have a deeper
> and generally frank communication. Maybe it is time for a talk in a
> small circle (most active global and local team members).

Thanks, Félix. And yes, we *really* need this. We need to calmly sit
down, the ~10 of us that can be most clearly seen as "the organizers",
and oil a bit the social machinery. Yesterday it took me quite a bit
of time to notice this otherwise obvious tension. We don't want to let
it rot until it becomes unmanageable!

So, lets try to set a time for meeting today, in a petit-comite
setting. Not that we are actively trying to exclude anybody, but
having an assembly instead of a meeting (as yesterday) makes us skip
very important points. So we should probably not just shout "meeting"
as we did, getting all the innocent volunteers dragged in!

So... You think we can meet ~11:00 somewhere nice, not less than 50m
away from the hacklab? Panal maybe?