Re: [Debconf-team] Dates discrepancies

Hi,

On Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> Debian Day date is independent to DebConf dates.

IMHO thats both factually wrong (dc8 was an exception to the rule..) and also
conceptionally. I really dislike the belief of some people, that DebianDay is
and should not be for Debian developers: staying in touch with users IMO is
very important to developers (or should be) and also if we want "new blood"
(in many forms) in Debian, we should activly seek for it. DebianDay is one of
the best opportunities we have for that.

So seperating Debian Day from DebConf makes no sense to me at all.

cheers,
	Holger