Re: [Debconf-team] Dates discrepancies

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 18:18 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> So... We need *now* a decision: What should we do? Can we take Sunday
> and fill its schedule as well? That would be my prefered option... The
> numbers are not optimal for that, though, although they are not _that_
> bad:

I think there was a previous (meeting?) discussion in which we decided
to confirm the starting date as Monday.

> 30 people (out of 182 currently reconfirmed) will arrive on
> 2012-07-08, and will miss any events we schedule, specially the
> earlier talks - Such as the traditional welcoming sessions.

I think it makes sense to give zack a talk on that day if he's leaving
(?!) afterwards, but I don't think it's fair to make it a full normal
conference day when we have advertised Monday as the first day.  Even if
it's only 30 people, that's quite a lot of people who will be
justifiably upset if they arrive *when we asked them to*, trying to help
us, and they miss the first day of the conference.

I would suggest instead to fill the Sunday schedule with late talk/BOF
proposals, and present these under whatever euphemistic term we had
settled on to replace "unofficial".

--
Moray