Re: [Debconf-team] Volunteering to organize the Assassins game at DC12

Le 25/06/2012 08:16, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :

(dunno if it's needed that I keep you guys CC'ed as you're certainly subscribed to -team. Doing so...just in case)

If you want to use that fancy and complicated database, remember that
Pentabarf has an Assassins modules. I have not even looked at it, but
it is available and can enable it if you wish.

I can only strongly encourage using penta for it, yes.

Yes, please. I have no idea how complicated it might be, but I can at
least give it a try.

Simple. You might need to help people out when someone left DebConf
early (or isnt attending) and they have them as target, but otherwise
the module is doing *all* the work.

Yes, this is what I wanted to do, as I already personnally experienced that having a target....who isn't here, is really not fun at all.:-)

And, at minimum, it would help if ppl could have access to the "I want
to play the Assassins game" checkbox, and then /me get a list of
registered player beforehand.

You dont need that. The module does it, as soon as the game is open.
It assigns targets, it lets them confirm, ...

Yeah, this is what I remembered. But I guess that some action is still needed, though :

- activate the module
- define the referee(s) if that concept exists
- setup the assassins@debconf.org mail alias

Who can do these?