Re: [Debconf-team] Room allocation (Re: Final hotel numbers)

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
We need to give the hotels room numbers as soon as possible.  To give
them "final" numbers, we need to do room allocation.

So:

1. We need a volunteer to do room allocation, preferably approximately
today!  Ideally someone who's done it before would either do it again
themselves, or give some initial advice/help to a new person.

2. The local team need to supply precise information on what rooms the
hotel has available for us: number and type of beds and prices, for each
hotel (and also whether smoking is allowed in the hotel rooms).

Is there anybody doing room allocation already? I have the info required for Seminole and can help/do it myself if someone gives some direction on where/how to start.

If we don't get this done very quickly, we will have a problem.  (The
sudden rush is because we extended the confirmation deadline so late.)

Please. I have a first meeting with the hotels in less than five hours.

--
Moray