Re: [Debconf-team] Budget status - travel sponsorship

On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 13:43 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> So, given the current outlook, I'd suggest sending mails telling
> people they got the sponsorship TODAY until we reach the US$15,000
> mark, and –if things look bright– push it for the US$18,000 as we feel
> more confident. I believe (following his three points) 10K is too low,
> and we _can_ commit to the 15K.

I'm slightly unclear on what's happened already -- I'm not trying to
overturn anything that's been done based on other messages.  But
Gunnar's suggestion above sounds very sensible to me.

I'd only add that my view is based on the current probability of
government sponsorship, of which I understand there's now expected to be
news (positive or negative) on Monday.

--
Moray