Re: [Debconf-team] Networking status

2012/6/13 Norman García Aguilar <norman@riseup.net>

Hi Team,

This week I had another meeting with UCA networking team, and here is some things we check for every room, remember that we will use four rooms (Aula Magna as main room, Gorostiaga as HAcklab, Roberto Terán as second talk room and Armando López as third talk room and/or hacklab)

As I told you before, we have a Catalyst 2960 G24TCL as the Main debconf switch  borrowed by  a member of the local free software community, three gbic connectors, three patch cords and two 1000 mbps transcievers.

= Aula Magna, with Video =
* On the communication room side
** It will be connected directly to the DebConf switch.

* On the room side
** Now it has a 100 mbps with a 100 mbps switch.
** We will remove those and we will use one of the two 1000 mbps transcievers de 1000 mbps (tp-link)
** We will need one 1000 mbps switch here.

= Gorostiaga =
* On the communication  room side
** It will be connected directly to the DebConf switch.

* On the room side
** UCA will give us a 1000 mbps transciever
** We will need switches.

= R. Terán, with Video =
* On the communication room side
** There is a 1000 mbps transciever already, it will be connected to an UTP port in the DebConf switch.

* On the room side
** We will have a Cat6 UTP 1000 mbps
** We will need one 1000 mbps switch

= Armnado Lopez =
* On the communication room side
** The 100 mbps we will remove from Aula Magna it will be used here.

* On the room side
** There is an 2950 switch -  100 mbps from UCA already installed here

As you can see we are still looking from swtiches to use in Gorostiaga (hacklab) and Roberto Terán (second talk room), I'm trying with the local community to see if someone can borrow us swtiches :) but if you want to help us you are welcome :)

You can count with a 16 ports 100mbps 3com switch

The server will be next to the communication room, and the UCA networking team will have ready five UTP cables from communication room to server room

We are plannig to mount the switch in the communication room and prepare connections in rooms in Friday June 29th and Saturday June 30th if we are not ready on Friday.

Any question/doubt from the networking team?

Regards
--
Norman García Aguilar <norman@riseup.net>