Re: [Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship money (and other money things)

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:42:31PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:

> - Government support (about 20 k$) (still waiting.  For now, let's
>   plan on not having it and be happy when it does.)

I heard last night that here is how this works.  With gov support:

We switch to different hotels that the gov co-owns.  These hotels are
more expensive, but we will get a discount, *and* the gov will pay
50% of the reduced price.

The list price of the hotels is less than about twice what we are
paying now, so this _should_ be a good deal for us.  However, it might
not be the 20k$ benefit I assumed.

Anyone else with more information about the budget, please update the
budget, or if it is an uncertainty, reply to this message.  I'll send
out another status tonight.

- Richard