Re: [Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship money (and other money things)

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:03:45AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 12:42 -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > > - DebConf11 surplus (about 25 k$)
> > > - Debian guarentees (10 k$)
> > This looks like double-counting to me, as my impression was that the
> > amount which the DPL agreed to extend as a guarantee would already count
> > against the surplus from last year.
>
> My impression is that this is what zack actually ment. CC:ing him, so he can
> comment himself :)

ACK. When the 10 k$ request has been submitted the surplus where off the
table, so if you plan to use the surplus I consider the previous request
off the table. Either way, I strongly hope this point is moot, as
pointed out by Richard.

I also AOL Moray's point that, if you expect future DebConf-s to be
expensive, then you should probably not *aim* to use the surplus as
it'll come handy in the future. But that's up to the team to decide.

Cheers.