[Debconf-team] DebConf11 surplus for DebConf 12 (was: Re: Investigating the Debian involvement in DebConf12)

Zack,

We would now like to request the use of the DebConf11 surplus for
DebConf12.  See below.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 09:10:32PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 02:19:03PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > I have (unfortunately for my productivity) started looking at
> > registration data and budget, to advise those teams and to be able to
> > answer this question.  I can tell you that DC12 team has been keeping
> > a budget (alas, public/private isn't separated out to be able to link
> > to it).
> <snip>
> > It looks like right now, we are missing about 8500USD to be able to
> > pay for all sponsored accommodations.  Yes, it doesn't add up with
> > respect to what is above.  Really, knowing numbers to within +/- 5000
> > kUSD is pushing it.
>
> Hi Richard, thanks a lot for this excellent work.
>
> You can count on extra Debian money as a reserve for something as
> important as sponsored accommodations. _If everything else fail_, we can
> afford to pay up to 10 kUSD from general Debian reserves for that. No
> need to pull hair out.

Thanks much for this.

These two messages describe our current monetary status:
http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120612.164231.5dab56bb.en.html
http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120612.183811.fb6f6511.en.html

We would like to be able to count on the DC11 surplus (around 25k$)
for DC12.  This will allow us to immediately send out travel
sponsorship confirmations.  It will also mean that the Debian bank
(money from general Debian funds, as opposed to surplus) won't need to
be used.

Thus, I am requesting use of the (entire) DC11 surplus.  It is very
unlike we'll actually have to use the whole thing - and if/when
government support comes through, perhaps not any.

Thank you,

- Richard