[Debconf-team] Government is supporting DebConf12

Hi all,

I'd like to inform you that we had several meetings with the government.
At the beginning they have been very slow and we could not see real
interest in supporting DebConf12. But after a meeting last week with the
son of the president things have changed a lot and it looks like we have
another strong supporter/sponsor.

With this mail I'm sending you the state of collaboration like discussed
in a meeting yesterday with representatives of the government.

== Day Trip ==
* The government is going to sponsor the whole Day Trip by the Ministry
of Tourism.
* We will make a proposal where we would like to go and together with
them we develop the plan for Day Trip.
* All transports (buses) are going to be provided by the government.

== Transports ==
* The government is going to sponsor two microbuses for the two weeks.
* Two big buses for the day of the conference dinner
* Four big buses for the Day Trip
* One additional big bus for 15/07 to get a bunch of people to the airport.

== Accommodation ==
These are really great news: The government wants to support us,
providing accommodation for half (!) of all the people. Which would mean
that we'd have now even money for travel sponsorship. Next week on
Wednesday we will have further information about this.

== Conference Dinner ==
They offered us to serve conference dinner in the Palace of Culture,
which is indeed a historical place and a nice venue for the conference
dinner. It is about 4 km from the main venue, but they will provide us
buses to get there. They would prepare all in there to have it looking
nicely and ready to server our food.

== Food area ==
In the UCA we could not get a place to eat inside, so we need to make
the conditions outside to eat on open air. The government can provide us
suitable, big tents, chairs and tables.

== Media coverage ==
* A media plan is going to be made in collaboration including all
national mayor tv stations in order to promote Debian Day
* We design a TV mask (these things in television when the actual
picture gets minimized and something around is being displayed), they
can animate it and put it in some (bigger) tv channels.
* We get a studio from them next week to make a audio jingle for radios
(Debian Day announcement)
* During DebConf we will have coverage by national media as well as
international and we can use the government's publicity channels to
invite journalists.

== Welcome room in the airport ==
* We can provide the welcome room, which usually is exclusively used for
diplomats to welcome DebConf participants. This means, that you don't
have to pass through the usual border, instead after leaving the plain
you can go to a nice room, wait and migration officers will visit you.
* We have requested it from 30/06 to 08/07 and 14/07 and 15/07.

== Conference badges ==
* They will print us generic conference badges (300 requested), with the
design we propose.

== Printer ==
* The will try to get us a color laser printer for DebConf.

== Debian Day concert ==
After the Debian Day at night there is going to be a concert, open for
everybody with good Nicaraguan bands playing (probably with an entrance
fee). The government is going to provide us with sound back line, lights
and stage.

All together, especially with the big support in accommodation the
government of Nicaragua would be a big (if not the biggest) sponsor and
actually i'm very glad to have them on board.
Cheers,
Felix